In order to apply for the international M.Sc. programme in “Aquatic Food Production - Safety & Quality” (AQFood), you must fulfill a number of requirements. The requirements apply to all applicants regardless of where you decide to submit your application.
To apply you need to have a B.Sc. or B.Sc. Eng. degree (corresponding to a minimum of 180 ECTS credits) in Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Food science, Food technology, Industrial Engineering, Life science, Environmental sciences or an other comparable degree.
When you apply you have to decide which study track you want to follow, therefore you have to make sure that you fulfill the requirements for both universities in your study track. You are most welcome to contact the relevant universities in you study track to make sure you fulfill these requirements. Please be aware that the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) has special requirements. For further information regarding this please contact the Admissions Office (email@example.com).
When applying for admission, you must be able to document your academic achievements and proficiency in English.
TOEFL or IELTS certificates must be original and sent directly to DTU from the test centre.
- Paper-based: 580 (written section grade 4,5)
- Computer-based test: 237 (assay writing grade 4,5)
- Internet-based test: 92 (written section grade 22)
IELTS: 6.5, no section lower than 5.5 (only IELTS Academic Training accepted).
English language test exemptions
- Applicants who have completed a university degree instructed in English at a university that is physically located in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.
- Applicants who have completed at least a 3-year degree instructed in English in an EU/EEA country.
- Applicants with upper secondary education and a Bachelor's degree (issued or ongoing if the applicant is currently enrolled in the last semester) from a Nordic country may be exempted from an additional English test. Please include the school leaving certificate of your upper secondary education into your application package.
Acceptance & Ranking
All applications are academically evaluated by the consortium partner universities. For candidates fulfilling the above requirements, the ranking of students is done on the basis of student’s academic achievements. Admission is based on a joint decision by the admission board of the consortium.